Hertfordshire County Council has published their top 10 priorities in the “Local Transport Plan Delivery Programme”
Local Transport Plan Delivery Programme List of Projects which the County Council will seek to enable or promote being:
- Gilston – Sustainable Transport Corridor
- Watford Junction development transport infrastructure package
- Principle of Sustainable Travel Town
- MRN A414 Capacity Scheme (Watford to Hatfield)
- Abbey Line (passing loop)
- A414 Mass Rapid Transit
- Western Watford Sustainable Corridor (Former Met Line Extension)
- Eastern access to Hitchin station
- Hertford Bypass and Sustainable Travel Improvements
- St Albans to Maylands/Hemel Hempstead cycle route
This does not mean that these projects are funded but it does mean there will be a focus for supporting these projects to be promoted by the County Council when opportunities arise from Government, the Local Enterprise Partnership or new funding arrangements that may develop in the future.
We are positive that the recent feasibility study we have completed will put us in a good position to support Hertfordshire County Council to get the passing loop funded.