…from another decade of mediocrity!
The Department for Transport (DfT) will be re-letting the contract for the West Midlands rail franchise in 2017, which includes the Abbey Line. When DfT finalise the specification in summer 2016, investment in the line will effectively be fixed for another decade.
That specification is now open for public consultation.
ABFLY will be calling for 5 key improvements:
- More trains per hour for greater convenience and connectivity
- Extension of running hours to midnight
- Free wifi on stations and trains
- Through trains to London on selected peak services
- Dedicated and highly visible ‘Passenger Service Agents’ aboard all trains at all times
Consultations? Who actually bothers to respond to them? Well, you did, and it really works! In 2015, thanks to our lobbying and your responses the following improvements were secured:
- One extra train in the evening from Dec 2016
- Fully overhauled train interiors and better cleaning regime
- New ticket machines promised at every station by 2017
- A greater commitment to reduce ticketless travel including recruitment of extra staff
In addition our influence has ensured:
- The defeat of potentially disastrous guided busway proposals
- Renewed commitment from politicians and ministers
But there is still a long way to go to make this a truly high class operation.
Now this is the BIG ONE. We must tell them what we want.
Together we must Send the Abbey Flyer Higher!
SIMPLY REGISTER YOUR SUPPORT AND WE WILL DO THE REST
Please take 2 minutes to fill in the form below. When you click ‘Send response’, ABFLY will send a letter to DfT on your behalf.
SORRY, NOW CLOSED
Consultation closes 22nd March 2016 at 11:45pm.
Visit https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/west-midlands-rail-franchise for further information.
If you have opted to receive a copy of the letter, this will be e-mailed to you one week prior to consultation closure.
Thank you for your support.