*** If you are looking for the template response to the West Midlands Direct Award franchise consultation, please go to:
New website coming in 2015!
The Abbey Flyer Users' Group (better known as 'ABFLY') was created in 1995 with the overall aim of 'securing a better future' for the Watford to St Albans branch line in Hertfordshire. Our two keys aims are:
- to watch for, and challenge, any lowering of standards
- to keep the branch line alive and thriving as an increasingly useful part of the public transport network in South West Hertfordshire.
Our objectives are as follows:
- Smarter and cleaner stations and trains
- Retention of the line as an electric railway-based system
- Better information at stations especially ‘real-time’ at times of disruption
- Continuation and improvement of the Sunday service
- Retention of regular ticket sales so that no fares are lost
- Effective marketing and promotion of the line to increase its use
- A higher frequency service
- Restoration of late night trains
- Better integration with bus services
- Maintenance of good links with the TOC and the CRP
The Community Rail Partnership
ABFLY is a key part of the line's Community Rail Partnership (CRP) which was formed in 2005. For further details about the line, it's history, activities of the CRP, fares, timetable, news, events and much more, please visit their website at www.abbeyline.org.uk
Like to know more?
Why not join us? You will receive up to three informative newsletters per annum and your own pocket-sized copy of the branch line timetable every time it is changed.
Each year we hold an AGM as well as a members' meeting when we invite the railway operators and other authorities to explain their plans. This gives members an ideal opportunity to ask questions!
Minimum subscription of £3 per household per year covers one or more adults sharing a newsletter. There is no charge for children. Additional donations are always welcome and help the branch line campaign.
To join ABFLY, please fill in and return our Application Form.
For membership enquiries please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Webster, Chairman ABFLY